Friday, August 1, 2008

This Never Gets Old!

bracelet,jewelry,sterling silver,apatite,gemstone,silver,beadyize I seem to have a real appetite for apatite lately! The beautiful aqua colored stone is definitely a favorite of mine, and I love the name: apatite. (Reminds me it's time for a snack!) I made the bracelet on the left the other day and oxidized all the sterling silver components because I just love the contrast of the dark, gun metal gray with the bright aqua of the apatite.


Another huge favorite of mine is sapphire. The earrings on the right (also made with oxidized sterling silver) fade from light to dark, and are more heavily clustered at the top thearrings,jewelry,sapphire,saphire,blue,cobalt,fade,sterling silver, silver,beadyizean at the bottom, so they fade visually in both respects. Sapphire is a little more costly than some other gemstones, and having just a small supply to work with makes the process of creating even more of a joy.

The sapphires in these earrings are tiny, too, only about 2.5m. They are like little droplets of water in my hands while I'm wrapping the wire on each one.

4 comments:

Terri Pezzullo - Handmade said...

I love these earrings, Apitie is a favorite of mine also.

Michelle said...

Beautiful job! I like those stones too. Nice blog.
Michelle
www.mbell34.etsy.com

capitolagirl said...

Beautiful pieces!

Becca Nelson said...

So pretty! Love that color. Thanks for sharing the link to your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...